The communities that people form have traditionally been local. Our friends and work colleagues are local. Our leisure activities are local. Communities have formed locally where people support each other. We share tips, advice and good practices in the shop, in the pub, in the workplace.
As the digital world has moved into our personal lives many people’s communities have changed. We now share tips and advice with friends and peers on social media sites like Facebook in between our social catch-ups with them.
- Kuranda Visitor Information Centre
- Kuranda Library
- Mareeba Library
- Atherton Visitor Information Centre
- Yungaburra Visitor Information Centre
- Malanda Falls Visitor Centre
- Ravenshoe Visitor Centre
- Atherton CBD (initiative by Atherton Tablelands Chamber of Commerce)
Broadband for Seniors
Community Services Tablelands (CST) is a community service agency based in Atherton. From their Atherton office, free training by volunteer tutors is available to anyone over the age of 50 who want learn how to access computers, set up an email account, send/receive emails and surf the internet.
More information: CST Broadband for Seniors
e-KnowHow @ your Library
Tablelands Regional Council Library membership provides access to a number of resources that can increase your digital confidence – your e-know how.
More information: eKnowHow @ your Library
Recommended Facebook Connections
- Mareeba Shire Council
- Mareeba Shire Council Disaster Management
- Tablelands Regional Council
- Tablelands Regional Council Disaster Management
- Atherton Live Weather
- Discover Atherton Tablelands