Creative Industries are essential to the character of our region and the culture of our communities. They are the lifeblood of a vibrant and inventive society. Successful creative businesses do not succeed solely on the strength of creative content and services, they also deploy energy and creativity in managing sustainable and competitive businesses.
The term Creative Industries describes the creative intellectual property generated which has the potential to be commercialised and contribute to regional economies.
Although there is no universal agreement about the composition of the creative industries, the sector is generally considered to include:
- Music and performing arts
- Film, television, radio and entertainment
- Advertising and marketing
- Software development and interactive media
- Writing, publishing and print media
- Architecture and design including interior, landscape, urban and fashion design
- Embedded Creatives including public art and visual arts